Snow shoveling can be a heavy challenge. Make it safer and easier with these quick tips!
– Layer clothing. Warm up with gentle stretches before you start.
– Don’t overload your snow shovel! A cubic foot of snow weighs about 15 pounds. Wet snow weighs even more.
– Try to push snow, rather than lift it.
– Concentrate on good posture. Avoid rounding your back.
– Avoid twisting into unnatural positions to throw snow to the side. Don’t throw snow over your shoulder. (It even sounds painful!)
– Pace yourself. Snow shoveling is a total-body workout!
– Stay hydrated and take frequent breaks.
– Stay dry. Always stretch when finished!
– The good news: One hour of shoveling burns about 400 calories!